In order to aid us in giving you with the best possible care, we ask that you consider the following:
- Upon entering the ED, you or a family member should be able to provide a list of your current allergies and medications (with dosages).
- We require written permission from a parent for treatment of children under your care. We can provide you with permission slips to take home.
- You may wish to call your physician before seeking emergency or urgent care. Many insurance plans place restrictions on what is considered a valid reason to seek immediate treatment. If it is potentially dangerous to take the time to call your physician, come to the Emergency Department immediately. Please use “911” appropriately and only in cases where you feel you are at a health risk.
- Please respect “No Smoking” and “Visitor” policies. To ensure the privacy of our patients and allow adequate space for treatment, visitors are limited in the treatment areas. However, parents may remain with a child. We do understand your concern for the health and well-being of your family member or friend, but confidentiality laws do not allow us to discuss certain aspects of a patient’s care.
- Either you or a family member will be asked to provide information to expedite care, even if you have been treated at Landmark before.
- We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding while waiting for treatment. Please realize that we must treat patients with more severe conditions first and that patients transported to the Emergency Room Department at the Woonsocket Unit by rescue or ambulance arrive through a separate entrance. Thus, you may not be aware of their arrival.